Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Source of Joy

"Please. Please don't go to work today. " I whispered, as tears dripped onto the bathroom floor. Slowly I pulled my hair out of my face and into the everyday ponytail. "I've been up all night, and ... I just don't think I'm going to make it through the day. There's no way I can watch the boys like this! ...And I'm scared."


He was already getting ready for work, and had planned to come home early to go with me to see the doctor. He held my hand, "You're going to be alright."

I had been seeing the doctor pretty frequently, at least every week. But this constant pain was cresting, and the lack of sleep didn't help.

He looked at my eyes and knew I was serious. I needed him here. Today.

"I'll e-mail my secretary that I'll be working from home."

Somehow that alone made me breathe easier. My body returned to bed, my spirit pleaded to God. I needed Him too.


That all happened exactly one year ago.

Just one year ago.

I cannot believe an entire year has passed.

************************************************

One year ago....


Little Sweet Pea was born!
And so, we celebrate!
We light a single candle and hold hands,
offering thanks,
and asking the Lord to bless this little child.

Family and friends gather around to watch the sparkle in her eyes,


to share in her contagious laughter,

to hold her close.

Dear Little One,
Know that you truly are a source of joy!
We love you so very, very much!
Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Pea!