Monday, January 4, 2010

Keeping Warm

It's quite cold here this evening. I've kept the fire going in the woodstove all day, and Andy will probably keep it going through the night. The boys and I started back on our "school" routine, now that the holidays have passed. My mom gave us several old school desks that she picked up from someone she knows, so the playroom is becoming a classroom too. The boys do seem to enjoy having their own desks- their own work space. I've put one coat of colonial red paint on them already, but will finish them up later this week.
For those who have never been to our home, you must know...I am very fond of antique/flea markets and old-stuff that nobody wants anymore. Not junk. No. No. But furniture with good lines and potential. I'll try to take some pictures of my recent finds and post for you to see. Until then, we'll be keeping warm, reading stories by the fire and watching Sweet Pea learn to walk.